Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi
26 Sep 2020
No bulk downloads - PLEASE! THIS IS OVERLOADING OUR SERVER AND DENYING ACCESS TO COMMUNITY USERS
SVP - Pas de téléchargement en masse ! Cela surcharge le serveur et empêche la communauté d'utilisateurs d'accéder aux données
  • Page :

SUJET :

Xigrib crash while downloading gribs il y a 4 ans 8 mois #545

• Aureum
  • Portrait de Aureum Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
  • Remerciements reçus 0
Hello,
Xigrib crash when I try to download grib files. I downloaded the grib files from Météo France (Arome 0.025 and Arpege 0.1) and I tried to load them into xigrib by cliking on the icon "open grib file" on the top, below "file". It start loading then it crash.
Thank you for your help! :)

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Xigrib crash while downloading gribs il y a 4 ans 8 mois #546

Hi,
I checked right now and XyGrib opened both Arome 0.025 and Arpege 0.1 gribs.

Please tell me which version of XyGrib you are using (current is 1.2.6)?
Did you download the gribs using XyGrib built-in down-loader or did you download directly (from a browser etc.)?
From which source did you obtain the gribs?
Which parameters did not open successfully?

Please try to use the download facility that is part of XyGrib. This will ensure that you get fully compatible grib files.

David

Xigrib crash while downloading gribs il y a 4 ans 8 mois #547

• Aureum
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
  • Remerciements reçus 0
Thank you for your quick reply.
I'm using the 1.2.6 version. I downloaded a grib file directly from Météo France (donneespubliques.meteofrance.fr/?fond=pr...t=131&id_rubrique=51) then i try to load it by cliking on the folder icon on the top, next to the icon to quit the application.

If I download the gribs directly from Xygrib, I haven't a lot parameters, only for surface, is that normal? I especialy need to use radiosonde with Arome's data but it's not working.

Xigrib crash while downloading gribs il y a 4 ans 8 mois #548

Hi,
The altitude data that Meteo France provides for Arome is on height levels. XyGrib deals with altitude data on pressure levels. This can be found with all the global models - GFS, ICON, ECMWF (a limited set) and Arpege.

The HP1 data set for Arome is just not compatible with XyGrib and therefore the error message when trying to load such files.

Setting the skewt-T selection in the altitude tab for one of the global models will get you all that is needed for skewt-T charts (radiosonde) provided the server is not too busy. (Altitude data takes some time).

David

Xigrib crash while downloading gribs il y a 4 ans 8 mois #549

• Aureum
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
  • Remerciements reçus 0
Thank you for your help.
Do you think that Arome's altitude data will be available in a future release?

Xigrib crash while downloading gribs il y a 4 ans 8 mois #550

Ha Aurem,

Unfortunately there is not a high probability of us including Arome altitude data in the near future for several reasons:
  1. XyGrib handles altitude data on pressure levels and not on height levels which are the only ones that Arome provides. All global models provide data on pressure levels and, some models provide it on both height and pressure levels.
  2. Altitude data is a huge volume multiplier and creates very large files even when the resolution is 0.25 or 0.5 deg. Arome 0.025 deg has very high resolution (one hundred fold higher) which is entirely not needed for altitude analysis, radiosonde or other. Added resolution above the boundary layer (low altitude) is entirely not needed. To supply this resolution for altitude data is way beyond the capabilities of our quite limited server resources.
  3. Using altitude data from a limited area meso-scale model is not recommended as these forecasts suffer from errors entered by the fact that the domains have borders (edges) whereas the global models do not suffer from border errors. For this reason the length of any limited area model forecast is far more limited than global model forecasts.

I hope that this rationale will help you in selecting altitude data.
David
Les utilisateur(s) suivant ont remercié: Aureum

Dernière édition: par davidgal.
  • Page :
Temps de génération de la page : 0.060 secondes

Le téléchargement des fichiers mis à disposition sur le serveur openGribs via XyGrib et l'application elle-même resteront toujours libres et gratuits. Cependant, les coûts de fonctionnement des 3 serveurs en cloud sont significatifs, en particulier ceux liés à la bande passante.

Chaque contribution, même modeste, est très utile à garantir le bon fonctionnement du site et des serveurs. Si vous considérez XyGrib et les fichiers téléchargés utiles, merci de soutenir openGribs et XyGrib.

Merci de votre soutien

Aller au haut