Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi
26 Sep 2020
No bulk downloads - PLEASE! THIS IS OVERLOADING OUR SERVER AND DENYING ACCESS TO COMMUNITY USERS
SVP - Pas de téléchargement en masse ! Cela surcharge le serveur et empêche la communauté d'utilisateurs d'accéder aux données
  • Page :

SUJET :

Download speed zero. il y a 3 ans 11 mois #728

• li
  • Portrait de li Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
  • Remerciements reçus 0
Hello administrator,
I am a merchant ship captain from China.
I used xygrib to obtain grib information for meteorological navigation, but recently found that the download speed is getting slower and slower, from 15kb last week to today I can not download updates. I don't know if I downloaded was too large and banned or the server was attacked? I Now use zygrib instead of downloading grib, the speed is in normal.

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Download speed zero. il y a 3 ans 11 mois #729

Hello Li,
Our grib server is hosted on Amazon cloud system based in North Virginia in the US. There is excellent bandwidth from this location without degradation when demand increases.
The grib server does have busy periods but this can be seen as the time you wait until the download begins. The main work of the server is to prepare the grib files for download and not the download itself.
Please let me know if the problem is the waiting for download to begin or is it related to the speed of the download as shown on the progress bar?

The download speed you reported of only 15kb is most likely related to your internet connection or supplier. The XyGrib server has no problem to provide much higher bandwidth.
I assume that the zyGrib server is at a different location for which you are getting better bandwidth.
Sorry I couldn't help more.
David

Download speed zero. il y a 3 ans 11 mois #730

• li
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
  • Remerciements reçus 0
Dear administrator, thank you for your reply. I tried a variety of network connections, including mobile phone hotspots, home wifi, and overseas VPNs, and there was no speed. The symptom is that after the download starts, the speed will be 1kb, and then the download interface freezes. I tried to grab http to get the address of the grib file, and use the download tool to download it. Still there is no speed. Before the file download is complete, the server has deleted the cache.

Download speed zero. il y a 3 ans 11 mois #731

Hi,
What was the reported size of the file when the download began?

Download speed zero. il y a 3 ans 11 mois #732

Please try without selecting skewt option or any altitude levels in the altitude tab.
David

Download speed zero. il y a 3 ans 11 mois #734

• li
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
  • Remerciements reçus 0
I capt this link grbsrv.opengribs.org/downloads/158918712...fs_1p0_ww3_p50_.grb2, copy to download tools are no speed, too,3KB or even lower, before the download completed the server delete the temporary file. But copy the address to others to help me download, the speed is normal. I do not know whether the Amazon cloud has to prevent "Bulk Download" measure to block me.

• Page :
Temps de génération de la page : 0.034 secondes

Le téléchargement des fichiers mis à disposition sur le serveur openGribs via XyGrib et l'application elle-même resteront toujours libres et gratuits. Cependant, les coûts de fonctionnement des 3 serveurs en cloud sont significatifs, en particulier ceux liés à la bande passante.

Chaque contribution, même modeste, est très utile à garantir le bon fonctionnement du site et des serveurs. Si vous considérez XyGrib et les fichiers téléchargés utiles, merci de soutenir openGribs et XyGrib.

Merci de votre soutien

Aller au haut