Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
26 Sep 2020
No bulk downloads - PLEASE! THIS IS OVERLOADING OUR SERVER AND DENYING ACCESS TO COMMUNITY USERS
SVP - Pas de téléchargement en masse ! Cela surcharge le serveur et empêche la communauté d'utilisateurs d'accéder aux données

TOPIC:

HRRR Model 4 years 4 months ago #596

Hi,
Any plans to add the HRRR model to your server? I know this model is restricted to continental US (CONUS) but the GRIB2 data is made publically available by NOAA
rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/hrrr/
Regards
Rik

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HRRR Model 4 years 4 months ago #597

Hi,
We will consider adding it.
There may be a issue of volume (and subsequent server resources). Needs to be examined.
David

HRRR Model 4 years 4 months ago #598

Thanks David!
What is a realistic time frame for adding a NWP model like HRRR to your server?
Regards
Rik

HRRR Model 4 years 4 months ago #605

Hi,
Next Xygrib version should be able to read HRRR files (Lambert Conformal projection) and NOAA site offers a sub-setter, maybe Xygrib could download these GRIB directly from NOAA?
Caveats:
- Sub-setter doesn't compress data.
- They change query layout from time to time.

Blend model could be interesting though, there's no sub-setter for it.

Sample in Xygrib:
Stereopolar, Lambert and Mercator GRIB.
Attachments:

Last edit: by didier. Reason: missing attachements

HRRR Model 4 years 4 months ago #607

Hi,
With Didier's great work on adding Lamberth projection, XyGrib opens up a number of grib sources without the need for converting projection as we currently do with NAM CONUS.
Progress is, however, a bit slow as I need to get a thesis completed but we will get there.
David

HRRR Model 4 years 3 months ago #633

Hi David,
Progress is good...
I have another question related to HRRR...The model does not have a field for the Aviation Flight Rules (as defined by the FAA). The flight rules ca be calculated from two parameters which are in the model i.e. ceiling and visibility. My question is if your software allows me to create a new field/parameter and add it to the GRIB2 dataset. Please advise.
Regards
Rik

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Resources on this site will always be free and open with no commercialization. However, operating costs of the servers to pre-process and deliver GRIB files to XyGrib are not trivial.

If you found the site useful, please share in the effort and help keep us up and running

Please Support

Go to top