Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
26 Sep 2020
No bulk downloads - PLEASE! THIS IS OVERLOADING OUR SERVER AND DENYING ACCESS TO COMMUNITY USERS
SVP - Pas de téléchargement en masse ! Cela surcharge le serveur et empêche la communauté d'utilisateurs d'accéder aux données
  • Page:

TOPIC:

COSMO-D2 3 years 9 months ago #765

Hi,
any plans to add the COSMO-D2 model to your server? the GRIB2 data is made publically available by DWD, as ICON, at
opendata.dwd.de/weather/nwp/cosmo-d2/grib/
I have download the gribs manually and copy in the xygrib grib directory. How can I open all the gribs files together and not a single grib file?
Regards
Alessio

Please Log in to join the conversation.

COSMO-D2 3 years 9 months ago #766

Hi Alessio,

The XyGrib gribserver provides global models and large area regional models at medium resolution. We do not include local/regional models at high resolution due to the huge volume needed by such models such as cosmo.
We do however provide pre-cut and packaged Cosmo D2 grib files on our sister site at openskiron.org/en/cosmo-gribs. These are targeted to the sailing community.

It is possible to concatenate (join) the files using the appropriate command line commands. Just Google "how to concatenate binary files in windows or linux"

in Windows cmd terminal try
COPY /B File1.grb+ File2.grb+File3grb file_joined.grb

In Linux
cat file1.grb file2.grb file3.grb > file_joined.grb
The following user(s) said Thank You: Canessa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds

Resources on this site will always be free and open with no commercialization. However, operating costs of the servers to pre-process and deliver GRIB files to XyGrib are not trivial.

If you found the site useful, please share in the effort and help keep us up and running

Please Support

Go to top