Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
26 Sep 2020
No bulk downloads - PLEASE! THIS IS OVERLOADING OUR SERVER AND DENYING ACCESS TO COMMUNITY USERS
SVP - Pas de téléchargement en masse ! Cela surcharge le serveur et empêche la communauté d'utilisateurs d'accéder aux données
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Precipitation Forecast WRF 4km 3 years 5 months ago #833

• seergy
  • seergy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
Is there any problem in Precipitation forecast in WRF Israel 4km?

I noticed a big difference in the precipitation forecast between the last two updates (12Z14NOV2020 and 00Z15NOV2020) . In the last update (00Z15NOV2020), precipitation covers a large area in a different pattern from the update (12Z14NOV2020).

This is an example of precipitation forecast at Sun,15 Nov - 07:00 local for the last two updates.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Precipitation Forecast WRF 4km 3 years 5 months ago #834

Hi Sergey,
There may be an issue. The 00z run as of today is on a newer version of UEMS/WRF while the 12z run is on a previous version. I will keep an eye on the differences and if needed will revert back one version.
Thanks for pointing it out.
David

Precipitation Forecast WRF 4km 3 years 5 months ago #835

• seergy
Thank you very much.

I think that this new version has a problem in precipitation forecast because today's forecast was inaccurate compared to the rain radar. Also, there was a difference between cloud coverage and precipitation forecast. There was a precipitation with no cloud coverage as shown below at Sun,15 Nov - 04:00 local.
Attachments:

Precipitation Forecast WRF 4km 3 years 5 months ago #836

Problem is solved.
As I mentioned the 00z forecast and the 12z forecast are run on different servers. The 00z forecast today had a problem setting the run configurations and ran with an unsuitable convection module which output a lousy forecast. The problem has been fixed and the 00z forecast tomorrow should be improved and correspond somewhat with the 12z forecast.
David

Precipitation Forecast WRF 4km 3 years 5 months ago #837

• seergy
You mentioned that the 00z forecast run on a newer version of UEMS/WRF while the 12z forecast run on a previous version.
Are you planning to use the newer version of UEMS/WRF also with 12z forecast?
Thank you.

Precipitation Forecast WRF 4km 3 years 5 months ago #838

Once a number of small issues have been fixed in the new version and a maintenance release will be published - all openWRF production runs will move to the newer version (WRF 4.21). In the mean time only Crusade 12km and Israel 4km are running on the new version for the 00z forecast

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Resources on this site will always be free and open with no commercialization. However, operating costs of the servers to pre-process and deliver GRIB files to XyGrib are not trivial.

If you found the site useful, please share in the effort and help keep us up and running

Please Support

Go to top