Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
26 Sep 2020
No bulk downloads - PLEASE! THIS IS OVERLOADING OUR SERVER AND DENYING ACCESS TO COMMUNITY USERS
SVP - Pas de téléchargement en masse ! Cela surcharge le serveur et empêche la communauté d'utilisateurs d'accéder aux données
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WRF 4km - Cloud Coverage 3 years 4 months ago #849

• ameerrh
  • ameerrh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
Why the forecast for the cloud coverage is not accurate in the WRF 4km model ?
Is it because of the scheme used for the cloud forecasting or because something else ?
I think that the regional models especially WRF 4km must forecast very accurate all the parameters including cloud coverage.
Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

WRF 4km - Cloud Coverage 3 years 4 months ago #850

Hi,
The total cloud coverage is determined during post processing and not as part of the model's run. It is derived from the low, medium and high level cloud coverages. There have been issues with this calculation in the past and apparently the problem is back.
I need to check and see if I can do something to improve the cloud forecast. If I discovery something - I'll post it here.
Thanks,
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Resources on this site will always be free and open with no commercialization. However, operating costs of the servers to pre-process and deliver GRIB files to XyGrib are not trivial.

If you found the site useful, please share in the effort and help keep us up and running

Please Support

Go to top