Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
26 Sep 2020
No bulk downloads - PLEASE! THIS IS OVERLOADING OUR SERVER AND DENYING ACCESS TO COMMUNITY USERS
SVP - Pas de téléchargement en masse ! Cela surcharge le serveur et empêche la communauté d'utilisateurs d'accéder aux données
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WRF 4km - Difference in precipitation forecast between 00Z23SEP2021&12Z23SEP2021 2 years 6 months ago #896

Hi,
Reflectivity is a function of water and ice in the atmosphere. This can be caused by convection or also non-convection created precipitation. The micro-physics scheme deals with non-convection water in the atmosphere and obviously differences can be seen.
I do not have the resources to perform a proper validation of the model results so only trial and error over a few months by looking also at the weather radar will give some clues on which of the 2 schemes is better. At this point, I have no idea!
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds

Resources on this site will always be free and open with no commercialization. However, operating costs of the servers to pre-process and deliver GRIB files to XyGrib are not trivial.

If you found the site useful, please share in the effort and help keep us up and running

Please Support

Go to top