Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
26 Sep 2020
No bulk downloads - PLEASE! THIS IS OVERLOADING OUR SERVER AND DENYING ACCESS TO COMMUNITY USERS
SVP - Pas de téléchargement en masse ! Cela surcharge le serveur et empêche la communauté d'utilisateurs d'accéder aux données
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Installation online 4 years 2 months ago #668

• Bruno
  • Bruno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Bonjour
L'installateur Online ne fonctionne pas (le Offline non plus d'ailleurs). Il demande un mot de passe ( pour sudo etc.), mais n'accepte pas l'entrée (qui pourtant est correcte) et stoppe après 3 essais.
Je suis sous Ubuntu 18/04 LTS
Merci d'avance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Installation online 4 years 2 months ago #669

Hi,
I have just tested the installers on a clean Ubuntu 18.04 machine and there is no problem with the installers. I suggest the following test.

Please open a terminal window in Ubuntu and enter "sudo su"
It will ask for your sudo password and when accepted the prompt should change to "root@<computername> "
If this works for you then you have 'sudo' access and the password should be accepted by the XyGrib installer.
If you are not able to access 'sudo' then please add sudo rights to your account in the Ubuntu machine.
David

Installation online 4 years 2 months ago #670

• Bruno
  • Bruno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi David,
I have SUDO rights, no doubt, sudo su works, and I use it every day for backup, upgrade,etc. and I'm the only user of this computer. But the password is not accepted by the installer.
I read another post where you suggest to launch the installer with SUDO. The installation works, but then the software does not work well, no map, no acces to grib files, I don't know exactly ..
Thanks.

Last edit: by Bruno.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Resources on this site will always be free and open with no commercialization. However, operating costs of the servers to pre-process and deliver GRIB files to XyGrib are not trivial.

If you found the site useful, please share in the effort and help keep us up and running

Please Support

Go to top