Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
26 Sep 2020
No bulk downloads - PLEASE! THIS IS OVERLOADING OUR SERVER AND DENYING ACCESS TO COMMUNITY USERS
SVP - Pas de téléchargement en masse ! Cela surcharge le serveur et empêche la communauté d'utilisateurs d'accéder aux données

TOPIC:

Problem in precipitation map in the WRF 4km model 4 years 5 months ago #581

• ameerrh
  • ameerrh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
First of all, thank you for this useful site and for your efforts.

I noticed a problem in precipitation maps in the (Israel-4km) WRF model. The precipitation in many areas remains fixed for many hours.When I compare the precipitation for hours for example 08Z , 09Z ,10Z , 11Z ,12Z , 13Z , etc. , the precipitation for these hours is similar and it does not change.
I hope this problem is solved.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Problem in precipitation map in the WRF 4km model 4 years 5 months ago #582

Hi,
I am not able to replicate the problem. What is the reference date and time for the file you had this problem with?
Thanks,
David

Problem in precipitation map in the WRF 4km model 4 years 5 months ago #583

• ameerrh
Hi,
This problem occurred in (Israel_ 4km_ WRF model) Precipitation maps for the following reference dates and times:
00Z23OCT2019 - 12Z23OCT2019 - 00Z24OCT2019 - 12Z24OCT2019 - 00Z25OCT2019 - 12Z25OCT2019 - 00Z26OCT2019 - 12Z26OCT2019 - 00Z27OCT2019 - 12Z27OCT2019 - 00Z28OCT2019

and also the problem remained today at the recent reference date and time : 12Z28OCT2019
The beginning of this problem was at the reference date and time :00Z23OCT2019
Thank you

Problem in precipitation map in the WRF 4km model 4 years 5 months ago #584

Hi,
I've tried with some of the files you mention and I have a changing precipitation coverage for every hour of the forecast. The current forecast also matches the IMS weather radar.
Can you please send some screen shots of your XyGrib showing the problem (a sequence of 2 or 3 hourly steps showing the problem).

Thanks,
David

Problem in precipitation map in the WRF 4km model 4 years 5 months ago #585

• ameerrh
Hi,
These screen shots are from XyGrib (reference date and time: 00Z23OCT2019).
The circles in black color show some examples of areas where the precipitation does not change.
This problem also occurred with charts on the website not only in the XyGrib files.

Thank you,

Problem in precipitation map in the WRF 4km model 4 years 5 months ago #587

• DomH
  • La voile est ma passion
  • Thank you received: 26
Hi,
I tried with the last downloaded file : No problem
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Resources on this site will always be free and open with no commercialization. However, operating costs of the servers to pre-process and deliver GRIB files to XyGrib are not trivial.

If you found the site useful, please share in the effort and help keep us up and running

Please Support

Go to top