Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
26 Sep 2020
No bulk downloads - PLEASE! THIS IS OVERLOADING OUR SERVER AND DENYING ACCESS TO COMMUNITY USERS
SVP - Pas de téléchargement en masse ! Cela surcharge le serveur et empêche la communauté d'utilisateurs d'accéder aux données

TOPIC:

Problems with high resolution charts 4 years 10 months ago #483

Maimiti wrote: . But the name of the name of the user directory contains an norwegian character "ø". I dont no, how to change the name of this directory and I think this is very difficult.

In windows control panel -> user settings there is an option to change the user's account name

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by davidgal.

Problems with high resolution charts 4 years 10 months ago #484

PEFECT!!! It works. Thank You very much. Now I can use this wonderful program for navigation on both of my bord-nootebooks. zygrib was ab big help over the last yaers for us to plan our journeys and xygrib includs all things we've missed a little bit until now. Thanks a lot and have a nice evening.

Problems with high resolution charts 4 years 10 months ago #485

Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maimiti

Problems with high resolution charts 4 years 9 months ago #535

I have actually the same problem on a Linux-machine: All files are under /usr/share/XyGrib/, but I cant select a map, nor are Icons visible. Verion 1.2.6 - any idea?
Thanks!

Problems with high resolution charts 4 years 9 months ago #538

• DomH
  • La voile est ma passion
  • Thank you received: 26
Hello,
data files are in /usr/share/openGribs/XyGrib/data or /usr/local/share/openGribs/XyGrib/data so you may have to move the folder maps there.
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH

Problems with high resolution charts 4 years 9 months ago #539

Hi,
You really should try to install XyGrib on any Linux flavour using the binary installer.
If there is a need to otherwise build XyGrib and install it, the following logic for the location of the static data files (the entire 'data' folder structure) needs to be observed.

FOR LINUX
If the application settings key 'appDataDir' (in xygrib.ini located in ~/.config )does not point to the location of the data files then XyGrib will search the following locations:

1. Qt will ask the operating system for the user's writable persistent data location indicated by the QT request <QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::DataLocation) > This for the particular flavour of Linux. This is usually "~/.local/share/openGribs/XyGrib/"

2. If location (1) is not found then Qt will ask the operating system for a non-writable user data location with the Qt request <QStandardPaths::standardLocations(QStandardPaths::DataLocation)>. Depending on the flavour of Linux this might be "/usr/local/share/openGribs/XyGrib/" or it might be "/usr/share/openGribs/XyGrib/"

3. If location (2) is not found then Qt will look for the data folder in the root of the folder where the XyGrib executable resides.

If you don't know what your particular flavour of Linux prefers, I can suggest performing a test installation using the binary installer for Linux and see where it places the files as the installer follows the same logic above and gets the answers from the operating system.

I hope this helps you.
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: SEA YOU

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds

Resources on this site will always be free and open with no commercialization. However, operating costs of the servers to pre-process and deliver GRIB files to XyGrib are not trivial.

If you found the site useful, please share in the effort and help keep us up and running

Please Support

Go to top